Noun(1) the part of the day between noon and evening(2) a conventional expression of greeting or farewell
(1) I'll be back at three in the afternoon(2) It will be the highlight of an afternoon of fun and activity in the town centre.(3) the following afternoon(4) on one afternoon last July(5) at three o'clock in the afternoon(6) summer afternoon(7) I was a regular at the Saturday afternoon 'rush', which was the matinee for which we invariably queued up with ill-concealed impatience, then pushed and shoved our way forward when the doors were finally opened, paying our tuppence before dashing to grab a seat as near the front as possible.(8) Rain came on in the afternoon and in the evening the downpour increased.(9) he'll be here this afternoon(10) an afternoon walk(11) This afternoon 's events unfolded so quickly that it was difficult to fully comprehend.(12) Trains running along the busy railway line were halted during the afternoon and evening.(13) Summer is here with hot, humid days and regular afternoon storms.(14) Facilities on the complex include a swimming pool, pool side bar and supermarket. The property also enjoys afternoon sunshine.(15) He loved to spend an afternoon or evening exchanging jokes and stories over a long game of cards.(16) This afternoon we have bought a new sofa, a dining table and six chairs and a sideboard!
(1) after noon :: ਦੁਪਹਿਰ ਬਾਅਦ
(2) in the afternoon :: ਦੁਪਹਿਰ ਵਿੱਚ
(3) this afternoon :: ਇਸ ਦੁਪਹਿਰ
(4) yesterday afternoon :: ਕੱਲ੍ਹ ਦੁਪਹਿਰ
(5) tomorrow afternoon :: ਕੱਲ੍ਹ ਨੂੰ ਦੁਪਹਿਰ
(6) the afternoon :: ਦੁਪਹਿਰ
(7) late afternoon :: ਦੇਰ ਦੁਪਹਿਰ
(8) early afternoon :: ਛੇਤੀ ਦੁਪਹਿਰ
(9) afternoon tea :: ਦੁਪਹਿਰ ਦੀ ਚਾਹ
(10) afternoon snack :: ਦੁਪਹਿਰ ਸਨੈਕ
1. good afternoon ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I have a teeth-cleaning
appointment this AFTERNOON.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 15
...and you spend the AFTERNOON
making 15th-century soap with Wolowitz?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 2
The siege of Pyke.
We fought side by side one AFTERNOON.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
Well, I spent most of the AFTERNOON
growing isotopically pure crystals...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 8
Afternoon of the 15th.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 15
English to Punjabi Dictionary: afternoon
Meaning and definitions of afternoon, translation in Punjabi language for afternoon with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of afternoon in Punjabi and in English language.
Tags for the entry "afternoon"
What afternoon means in Punjabi, afternoon meaning in Punjabi, afternoon definition, examples and pronunciation of afternoon in Punjabi language.